Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A break with tradition

I am not normally wont to engage in such things, but I have been tagged by My Growing Passion, and in deference to this fine lady, I shall play this once. Apparently here is what we do:

Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random and/or revealing things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your post entry is up on your site.


Hmmmm, six random and/or revealing things about myself:

1. I cannot ride a bicycle. This is only one of many, many things I cannot do, but it's the one that people find most strange. That and not being able to whistle. How can a person not know how to ride a bike? Shrug. I never had one.

2. I am pigeon-toed. When I was younger I needed special shoes to stop my feet pointing in at each other. I never need surgery, though. I was a bit disappointed by that. You feel more special when your disability requires surgery.

3. I am jealous of my sister the famous author. But not in a nasty way. I think it acts as a spur to further action on my part. And of course I'm terribly proud and happy for her. But it's true her great success tends to make me think, "Gee, I better get myself moving..."

4. I am extremely attracted to Tanya Bulmer. Feel free to pass this on.

5. I once spent the night in Sarah Blasko's bedroom. I was only five at the time, but still, score, right?

6. I played representative rugby as a teenager. I was considered rather good, and occasionally I regret not trying to see how much potential I actually had. Regrets...

I am supposed to tag people now, but I haven't made up my mind whether to try that on. I'll think about it.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

You're a trouper, Ben. (I normally don't do things like this either!)

Ben Pobjie said...

I hope something was interesting in there anyway.

Anonymous said...

I was interested in all of them, even though I already knew.

Unknown said...

Hey, I was pigeon toed too. I didn't wear special shoes, but my parents did put normal shoes on the wrong feet. I have no idea if that was on medical advice, or was just for their own entertainment.